Imagine the Olympics of Fireworks, every year. During the 2nd week of August, thousands of Pyrotechnics Guild International members and their families come to the PGI Convention in a different city each year. There are seminars, workshops, safety training, fireworks and supplies vending, socializing and fantastic displays each night. Only current PGI members may attend convention activities however, the public is invited to the four public display nights (August 11, 13, 14, and 16). Weather permitting.
How to get Tickets: Tickets are available presale online and can be purchased with a major credit card. Tickets will also be available at the gate on public display nights. Accepted forms of payment at the gate are cash and major credit cards. Absolutely NO checks will be accepted. Use the following links to purchase tickets for the show nights:
Public Display Date/ Time & Ticket Links:
Sunday Public Display:
8:30pm – August 11, 2013
Buy Sunday Tickets
Tuesday Public Display:
8:30pm – August 13, 2013
Buy Tuesday Tickets
Wednesday Public Display:
8:30pm – August 14, 2013
Buy Wednesday Tickets
Friday Public Display:
8:00pm – August 16, 2013
Buy Friday Tickets
To Purchase Tickets for Multiple Nights: Click on one of the links above, select # of tickets, click "Get Tickets," click "Find More," select the other nights you want tickets to. Repeat to add each night and check out to finalize and pay.
Ticket Prices: Presale: $35/carload (Up to 6 individuals/carload). Gate: $40/carload (Up to 6 individuals/carload). Extra fees will apply for busloads, vans and individuals over the 6/carload limit. For fastest access, please purchase presale tickets online. Shows often sell out, purchase presale tickets online to guarantee that you can see these spectacular shows! Sorry, weekly passes are not available.
*Busloads will be charged $10/person, advanced sale only. Please contact Butler County Tourism at 866-856-8444 for tickets & to arrange for bus parking.
Show Descriptions: Not sure which night to buy tickets for? Every show offers something unique you won’t want to miss! Read about each show below:
- Sunday, August 11, 2013 – 8:30 PM:
- Kicks off with the National Anthem, PGI Style! It’s a red, white, and blue extravaganza! Patriotic, colorful, and loud!
- As seen on the Discovery Channel Series, “Dirty Jobs,” Albert Knoblach’s Little Big Shots will delight crowds with locally-made shells exploding into balls of fire in the sky.
- “The First Family of Fireworks,” Zambelli Fireworks of New Castle, PA will present a world class display based on 120-years of pyrotechnic skill and artistry.
- Finally, see one-of-a-kind, hand-made fireworks at the PGI Competition.
- Tuesday, August 13, 2013 – 8:30 PM:
- Tuesday night will kick off with Harrison Unger of Kentucky presenting “Victory March” exclusively featuring Freedom Fireworks branded product.
- Never before done, and perhaps never to be seen again, the Tour de Force display of Pyrotechnic Rockets is an incredible display rarely done for the public.
- Fire Art from Clearfield, PA will present a display by award winning show designer, Peter Rogoz featuring his own selection of music and firework choreography.
- Wednesday, August 14, 2013 – 8:30 PM:
- The first display is entirely created, assembled, choreographed, and fired by the Junior Pyrotechnics Association (JPA) members, ages 7 through 17.
- The second display, by Celebration Fireworks and PA Pyrotechnics Artists, includes a myriad of member made products and some exciting special effects.
- Award winning local company, Pyrotechnico, will use new products and techniques leaving the audience speechless.
- Friday, August 16, 2013 – 8:00 PM:
- The final display will light up the skies over Butler County, PA like never before. Over one million firecrackers will be blown up, and that’s just the Super String. The PGI will also display a much larger Mega String!
- The All Star display will follow with their segment set to original music using fireworks assembled on site during the convention.
- Bixler Pyrotechnics, based in Ashland, PA will present a fast paced and lively pyro- musical, a fireworks display timed with musical elements.
- The closing display will be John Sagaria’s Fireworks Extravaganza, a must see pyrotechnic event promising to go out with a “bang.”
- Arrive early for the finale program and of course, lots and lots of fireworks!
Rain Dates: All shows are weather permitting. Rain dates for the week are as follows: Sunday, August 11 will move to Monday, August 12. Tuesday or Wednesday’s shows will move to Thursday, August 15. Friday, August 16 will move to Saturday August 17. If Saturday’s show is rained out, it will not be rescheduled. To find out if shows are being cancelled due to rain, please visit the PGI Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PGIInc?ref=ts&fref=ts or Twitter: @PGIinc or visit the Butler County Tourism website: www.visitbutlercounty.com, Facebook: www.facebook.com/visitbutlercounty, Twitter handler: @ButlerCountyPA.