As you know, we are facing trying times right now due to the spread of the Coronavirus.
We are taking the precautionary route to help “lessen the curve” of spreading COVID-19 in Butler County, and are following the lead of our Governor’s orders that all non-essential employees remain home. The Tourism Bureau’s Zelienople office will be temporarily closed. Our staff is working remotely and can be reached electronically by personal email or at email@example.com.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
Visit Butler County is closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak as the situation continues to evolve and is staying in close contact with our partners and industry leaders including the State of Pennsylvania, the U.S. Travel Association, Destinations International, and Butler County.
According to the CDC, the immediate risk of being exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19 is through ongoing community transmission .
Travelers are encouraged to always exercise healthy travel habits when traveling and to follow guidance issued by official sources of public health information. At this time, the risk to Americans remains low and there are no restrictions on travel anywhere within the United States. (via U.S. Travel Association)
Talking Points via U.S. Travel Association
- The travel industry’s guiding principle is to seek and heed the most up-to-date expert guidance, and we urge the traveling public to do the same.
- The challenge in moments of public health concern is to react properly to the situation but to not overreact.
- With the situation evolving rapidly, we encourage the traveling public to follow any guidance offered by the CDC and local and state public health authorities.
- U.S. health officials are urging the same personal best practices that are standard for a typical flu season—frequent washing of hands, etc.
- PA Department of Community and Economic Development
- State of Pennsylvania
- Destinations International Travel Resources
- U.S. Travel Association Toolkit
- CDC COVID-19 Summary
- CDC Information for Travelers
- It's Safe to Fly and America is Open for Business
- PA Gov. Wolf Administration Preparedness Action
- PCMA: What Business Events Professionals Need to Know About the COVID-19 Coronavirus
- Meetings Mean Business: Coronavirus Resources
- American Hotel & Lodging Association Resource Page
- National Restaurant Association Resource Page
- Information for Pennsylvania employees impacted by COVID-19
- Small business relief during Coronavirus pandemic
This page was last updated on Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. ET.