The Monroe Hotel was built in 1898 at the northeast corner of Jefferson and Monroe streets.
In 1980, Tom and Judy Reese purchased the business from Bruno and Flora Sanzotti. In 1998, the business remodeled, expanding the dining room and adding a new bar and kitchen with a total seating capacity of 260.
Today, the Reese children - Fred, Tom, Curt, and Bonnie, operate the bar and restaurant. The Monroe also caters any event from small dinner parties to graduation parties and wedding receptions. The Monroe Hotel is perhaps the oldest restaurant in continuous operation in the area.