Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania (ASWP) is an environmental education and conservation engagement organization founded in 1916 and based in Pittsburgh (Fox Chapel). ASWP is a fiscally and legally independent chapter of National Audubon Society and serves a seven-county region consisting of Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Washington, and Westmorland counties. ASWP maintains four public facilities
– Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve in Fox Chapel, Allegheny County, Succop Nature Park in Butler, Butler County, and Todd Nature Reserve and Buffalo Creek Nature Park in Sarver, Butler County. With an annual operating budget of approximately $2,100,000 and 20 employees (plus seasonal help), ASWP conducts both formal and informal programs in schools, local parks, and at its four locations, advocates on behalf of birds and nature, and conducts conservation programs throughout western Pennsylvania.
The mission of Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania is to connect the people of southwestern Pennsylvania to birds and nature through our programs, projects, and places.
Succop Nature Park, located on 50 acres in Penn Township, contains 2 ponds, walking trails, and open natural spaces which offer a perfect back drop for events rentals at the Marcraig House and Pavilion. The Event Staff complete a variety of assigned tasks in preparation for, during, and after wedding and event rentals at Succop Nature Park. This position is a temporary, part-time position, from April through early November and is responsible for:
- Cleaning the event pavilion, house, and restrooms.
- Organizing tables, chairs, and linens.
- Maintaining the grounds in a safe and clean manner.
- Talk with day of coordinators and/or designated contact to ensure a smooth event.
- Ensuring guests are provided with the utmost attention throughout their experience.
- Set-up tables and chairs, ensuring they are clean and well-presented.
- Place signs and hooks.
- Clean and disinfect restrooms; replace can liners, hand soap, and toilet paper.
- Clean event shelter, dispose of trash and recycling.
- Stock/replenish trash can liners in all public areas.
- Mop or vacuum floors at end of night.
- Assist caterers with specific event set-up and clean-up.
- Assist caterers with guest services.
- Walk rental area removing trash and managing goose droppings.
- Clean-up patios, entrances, walkways and driveways with the leaf blower.
- Unload dishwasher in morning; reload and activate dishwasher at end of night.
- Fold clean towels to restock areas; put dirty wet towels on dry rack at end of night; put dirty towels in washer and dryer as needed.
- Other jobs related to event preparation and/or assistance as directed by supervisor.
- Must provide their own personal transportation to and from Succop Nature Park.
- Must be in accordance with a specific dress code.
- Must commit to a weekend schedule and be flexible to fill the shifts as needed; this is a Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday schedule, with both morning and evening shifts; occasional other days as needed.
- Must have an attention to detail
Criminal and child clearance background checks are required for all ASWP staff, interns and volunteers.
- Routinely required to carry equipment in excess of 50 lbs.
- Routinely required to be on feet throughout the shift.
- May be required to safely operate a Gator all-terrain vehicle and back up a trailer; on-site training available.
- Must be able to scale ladders and walk un-even terrain periodically
- All staff, interns and volunteers are required to review equipment safety standards as they relate to their duties.
- Event Staff required to follow safety standards as outlined by supervisor.
- Report to work as assigned and meet with supervisor as needed.
- Commit to 2 shifts per week.
- Work independently as assigned.
- Deliver work standards appropriate to abilities and according to the expectations of the Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania.
Salary is $14-15/hour. Audubon Society is dedicated to providing a competitive salary and a flexible work environment where we connect to nature every day. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Send letter of interest and resume to the contact email.