Spring has sprung! It’s time to defrost and enjoy the outdoors. Discover all the ways to explore the area and start filling up your calendar with upcoming events in Butler County, Pennsylvania.
If you post any photos of your outdoor fun on social media, we would love to see them! Use the hashtags:
Wolf Creek Narrows Natural Area
As the weather is warming and the sun is shining, there’s no better time to embark on a wildflower walk. Whether you want to go on a scheduled tour or head out and explore on your own, here are some places we’d recommend. You’ll be sure to spot beautiful spring flowers along the way.
Moraine State Park
Lace up a good pair of shoes and get moving! Relax at one of our many parks or enjoy a variety of trails. You’ll find trails for hiking, walking, biking, and exciting places to see all kinds of wildflowers and birds.
North Boundary Park Disc Golf Course
Butler County is a disc golfer’s paradise with three championship disc golf courses located at Moraine State Park, Slippery Rock University, and Cranberry Township’s North Boundary Park. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned pro, there is something for you at each course.
Discover meaningful experiences that will create opportunities to spend quality time with family and friends. There are many hands-on workshops and activities that you can enjoy in Butler County, such as creating handmade art and stained glass, making edible treats, pottery classes and more!
Perfect for family fun, girls’ nights, dates, and me time — these experiences will teach you new skills, create lifelong memories, and give you the joy of living in the moment. Explore over 35 businesses and all the possibilities for workshops, private events, and more.
- All About Reclaimed
- Appalachian Outpost
- Bottlebrush Gallery & Center for the Arts
- Darn Yarn Needles and Thread
- Emma & Jane Shoppe
- Glass Blowing Center
- Little Foot Quilt Shoppe
- Ooh and Aah
- Speckled Hen Chocolate Company
- Spring Street Studios
- Steele’s Brushes and Ceramics
- Suite Thyme
- Three Rivers Art Glass
Bottlebrush Gallery & Center for the Arts (top-left), Spring Street Studios (top-right), Emma & Jane Shoppe (bottom-left), Glass Blowing Center (bottom-right)
Our weekend forecast calls for many fun events happening in Butler County, PA! Visit our event calendar for more information.
- 2: Zelienople Historical Society Spring Tea
- 2: WISR's Polka Palooza
- 3: Enchanted Spring Luncheon
- 3, 9, 16, 18: Photos with the Easter Bunny at WestPark Alpacas
- 7: Washington Trail Summit
- 8-10: Butler County Home Show
- 8-22: SRU Senior Student Art Show
- 8: Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt
- 9: Annual Comedy Night
- 10: Spring Pinball Tournament
- 10: Guys and Dolls
- Butler County Sweet Tooth Trail - Desserts are even more delightful on Butler County’s Sweet Tooth Trail, a self-guided tour of local bakeries, ice cream shops, and candy stores. Visit all 18 locations and savor the flavors of the area’s finest chocolate, baked goods, frozen treats and more!
- Butler County Coffee Connection - Rise & Shine, caffeine lovers! Enjoy your favorite latte, frappé or chai tea along the Butler County Coffee Connection, a self-guided tour of local coffee shops. This aromatic adventure features 11 stops throughout a variety of charming towns, and is the perfect way to conquer your caffeine quest!
- Butler County Beer Circuit - Grab your “Passport to Hoppiness” and navigate your way through the Butler County Beer Circuit, a self-guided trail of local brewpubs. This trail features 13 different brewpubs, a taproom, and a canning facility; all offering a variety of unique and local craft beers year-round.
How Our Trails Work - Create your own itinerary on these tasty trails and fill up your passport with a specially designed symbol from each participating location. Move on to the next spot at your leisure. Once your passport is complete, bring it to Butler County Tourism & Convention Bureau to claim a commemorative prize!
Passports can be picked up at participating locations, the Tourism Bureau in Zelienople or any of the Bureau's 35 brochure racks throughout the county.
Purchase Butler County Gift Certificates, valid at nearly 100 local businesses or a Best of Butler County Gift Basket filled with locally-made goodies including chocolates, spices, coffee, condiments, and more!
Photo contest entry (Photo: David Barker)
Capture the beauty of spring by entering our Butler County Tourism Photo Contest for your chance to win Butler County gift certificates! Each quarter, we award $100 to first place, $75 to second and $50 to third. The theme is tourism-related photos, so we're looking for events, the great outdoors, arts, history and more. The next deadline for submission is June 30.
Kayak at Moraine (Photo: Evan Nowak)
Explore hidden treasures, gorgeous parks, and more in Butler County with the Visit Butler County, PA! App or Visit Widget on desktop. Add restaurants, businesses, and roadside attractions to your plan. Then, share your itinerary with friends. Download now!