Butler Motor Transit
Butler Motor Transit was formed in 1941 as a part of the Pittsburgh Area Harmony Short Line System. It included a fleet of small buses used for local transit along with a few charter buses. The Harmony ShortLine went out of business in the later 1950's. Butler Motor transit was the only survivor from that original organization and was then purchased by the Kaylor family in 1961. In 1997 Butler Motor Transit became a part of Coach USA, a nationwide transportation system continuing under the direction of the Kaylor Family. Butler Motor Transit still operates today with six locations in three states with approximately 70 vehicles, offering nationwide tour, charter and sightseeing service, as well as local transit and contract services. Services include some of the most deluxe and modern equipment on the road today in the motor coach industry with its main office sill located in Butler, PA at 210 South Monroe Street.