Young or young-at-heart, you'll love Butler County! Here are some of our top attractions for children...
Kid's Picks Blog - Anthony & Ava's Favorite Things - On 'Take Your Child to Work Day', the Tourism Bureau gained two honorary employees, Anthony and Ava. While they spent some time with us, we asked them to list their favorite things to do in Butler County and why they enjoy them; here’s what they had to say: Read More
One glance at these fuzzy creatures and you'll want to be their friend! Visit with the alpacas and take home some alpaca fleece goodies..
Spend a night in the great outdoors with one of these great camping locations. Don’t miss out on the special themed weekends such as Princess & Superheros weekend at Jellystone Park or Gold Rush Days at Bear Run Campground. Enjoy the array of family-friendly activites and much more.
Rainy Day Back-Ups
Rain or shine, there is always something to do! Check out these great places to keep the kids entertained.
- Appalachian Rock Shop and Jewelry
- Family Bowlaway Fun Center & 11th Frame Bar and Grille
- Fun Fore All
- Get Air
- Mars Lanes
- Pirates Cove Waterpark at Conley Resort & Golf Club
- UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex
- Urban Air Adventure Park
- The Lightning Bug - Fresh Food and Fun
From hard candies to decadent chocolate truffles, Butler County’s candy shops have something to satisfy every sweet tooth.
Exploring nature trails to making your own fossils, there is certain to be something for your child to do this summer that allows them to learn through imagination and creativity.
Fresh frozen custard, shaved ice, frozen yogurt, to your own sweet concoction... there’s an endless possibility of cool treats to choose from!
Festivals & Events
Be sure to check out our calendar of events for the latest happenings from nature programs to free concerts! Here are some kid-friendly festivals to watch for:
- Winter: Winterfest
- Spring: Kaleidoscope , Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival
- Summer: Big Butler Fair, Cranberry Twp. Community Days, Horse Trading Days, Regatta at Lake Arthur, Butler Farm Show, North Washington Rodeo, Saxonburg Carnival, Villagefest
- Fall: Saxonburg Festival of the Arts, Evans City Oktoberfest, Butler Fall Festival, Butler County Farm Tour, Concordia Oktoberfest, Zelienople-Harmony Fall Festival, Harvest View, Harvest Valley
Whether you like to fish or hike, Butler County is the perfect place for every outdoor enthusiast. With numerous parks to choose from there is an activity fit for the whole family.
- Alameda Park (playgrounds, biking, hiking, picnicking, swimming)
- Armco Park (hiking, picnicking, swimming)
- Cranberry Township Parks (playgrounds, hiking, picnicking, sports, biking, swimming)
- Jennings Environmental Education Center (hiking, picnicking, winter activitities)
- Moraine State Park (playgrounds, biking, pontoon cruises, fishing, geocaching, hiking, picnicking, sports, swimming, winter activities)
- Slippery Rock Park (playgrounds, biking, hiking)
- Take the kids to Mars for a Picture on the Spaceship or take a ride on the mini train!
If you’re looking for the latest toy or one from when you were a child, you are sure to find what you need at the toy stores located in Butler County.
Sports & Recreation
Looking to take the family out to a ball game? Or maybe even go golfing...be sure to check out some of the various family friendly options Butler County has to offer!
- Butler BlueSox at Kelly Automotive Park (formerly Pullman Park)
- Fun Fore All (Mini Golf, Go-Karts, Kiddie Rides, Bumper Boats, Batting Cages, Arcade, Ballocity, Rock Wall)
- Lernerville Speedway
- Lake Arthur Golf Course Featuring a game of "FootGolf" for the kids
- Moraine State Park (Picnicking, Kayaking, Sailing, Windsurfing, Sledding, Canoeing, Disc Golfing, Boating, Biking, Geocaching, Hiking, Fishing)
- The Lightning Bug - Fresh Food and Fun (Outdoor golf, laser tag arena, indoor glow golf, bumper cars, climbing wall, large indoor playground and arcade games)