Although the winter months are chilly with falling snow, there are plenty of wintertime activities here in Butler County that keep the fun going. Go for a sled ride, cozy up at a performance or take a visit to one of our many museums - with so many places to go and things to see, get out and explore more this winter!
Winter Events & Shows
Even on snowy and cold days, there’s always exciting things happening in Butler County! From warm indoor activities to exhilarating outdoor activities, we’ve got you covered. Check out what’s happening this winter:
- November 15- January 5: Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland
- Live Music at Cummings Candy & Coffee West every Friday night
- December 21-22: The Christmas Show at Victory Family Church
- December 31: Silvester New Year’s Eve celebration
- January 17-19, 21-25: Butler Little Theatre presents "Lunch Hour"
- January 17: Succop Theater presents “The Tamburitzans.
- January 24: The Strand Theater presents “Broadway Meets Motown.”
- January 25: Butler County Wine Festival
- February 1: Cirque Zuma Zuma
- February 8: WinterFest
- February 22: Cherry Pie Hike
- February 21-22: Butler AM Rotary Carved in Ice
- March 7: Butler County Symphony Orchestra presents “Arthur Fiedler’s Pops”
- March 13-15, 17-21: Butler Little Theatre presents “An Inspector Calls”
Don't forget to check our online calendar for many more events!
Don’t let snowy and cold days keep you at home. Winter is the perfect time to get out and enjoy all things indoor; from exploring to creating to fun for the whole family, there’s so much to see and do no matter the weather!
Mystery Mayhem Escapes and Axe Throwing
Pirate’s Cove at Conley Resort
Butler County Beer Circuit
You know the feeling you get after tasting a cold, draft beer? Now imagine being able to try a variety of craft beers made locally! Introducing the Butler County Beer Circuit - a listing of the local breweries within the area. Here you will find the Brew Pubs that create the beverages we know and love along with highlights and special features throughout the year. You’re in Butler County, PA - home to rolling hills, charming towns, quirky attractions and breweries!
From Asian art to the history of zombies, enjoy a day of discovery at one of Butler County's museums:
Check out these family-friendly attractions that will fill your day with lots of entertainment and fun:
For snow-lovers and adventure-seekers, we have an array of cold-weather activities that will get you outside this winter! Check out all that these places have to offer:
Jennings Environmental Education Center offers excellent trails for cross-country skiing, and with adequate snow cover, it is also a great destination for snowshoeing. With snowshoes available to borrow, it’s a perfect winter activity to get all ages out and moving!
Moraine State Park offers various cold-weather activities, with great trails for cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and snowmobiling, and hills for sledding. Some other activities include iceboating, ice fishing and ice skating in specified areas.