Although the winter months are chilly with falling snow, there are plenty of wintertime activities here in Butler County that keep the fun going. Go for a sled ride, cozy up at a performance or take a visit to one of our many museums - with so many places to go and things to see, get out and explore more this winter!
Winter Events & Shows
Even on snowy and cold days, there’s always exciting things happening in Butler County! From warm indoor activities to exhilarating outdoor activities, we’ve got you covered. Check out what’s happening this winter:
- Live Music at Cummings Candy & Coffee West every Friday night
- January 11-13: Butler Little Theatre presents “Tuesday with Morrie”
- January 15-19: Butler Little Theatre presents “Tuesday with Morrie”
- January 25: The Strand Theater presents: Fosse & Friends
- January 26: 13th annual Butler County Wine Festival
- February 2: Butler Symphony Nordic Winters
- February 3: Succop Theater presents “Matt Texter”
- February 16: Collier Comedy Show
- February 23: Butler AM Rotary "Carved in Ice"
- February 23: Men Who Cook
- February 23: Cherry Pike Hike
- February 24: Succop Theater presents “The Fitzgeralds”
Don't forget to check our online calendar for many more events!
Don’t let snowy and cold days keep you at home. Winter is the perfect time to get out and enjoy all things indoor; from exploring to creating to fun for the whole family, there’s so much to see and do no matter the weather!
Butler's Great Escape
Pirate’s Cove at Conley Resort
From Asian art to the history of zombies, enjoy a day of discovery at one of Butler County's museums:
Check out these family-friendly attractions that will fill your day with lots of entertainment and fun:
For snow-lovers and adventure-seekers, we have an array of cold-weather activities that will get you outside this winter! Check out all that these places have to offer:
Jennings Environmental Education Center offers excellent trails for cross-country skiing, and with adequate snow cover, it is also a great destination for snowshoeing. With snowshoes available to borrow, it’s a perfect winter activity to get all ages out and moving!
Moraine State Park offers various cold-weather activities, with great trails for cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and snowmobiling, and hills for sledding. Some other activities include iceboating, ice fishing and ice skating in specified areas.
Get as close as you can to a wild hunt at Four Seasons Game Bird Farm, with 450 acres of diverse terrain to enjoy pheasant and chukar hunting. Hunting is available by appointment Monday-Saturday through April 1st, book early to ensure your date!