Moraine State Park features 3,225- acre Lake Arthur, an outstanding warm water fishery and great sailing and boating. Visitors sometimes see osprey that were reintroduced to the park. Of special interest is the Frank Preston Conservation Area and a 7-mile paved bike trail that winds through the north shore of the lake. The park also provides horseback, hiking, mountain biking, and snowmobiling trails. Swimming is popular at the two park beaches. During the winter season, ice boating, sledding, skating, cross-country skiing and ice fishing are popular. 3,392 visitors in 2008 Majority of campers are from Pittsburgh, about 25%; other 75% diverse, including California, Texas and Florida.
Points of interest:
- Amphitheater – terraced grass area seating 55,000.
- Bike Rental - rents single and multi-speed/geared bikes, tag-a-longs, children's and tandem (two-person) bikes, and also child seats, helmets and child pull behind trailers Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Central Power House – contains a Bessemer engine pumping jacks and other equipment used during the early days of the oil industry.
- Crescent Bay Boat Rental – rents single and double kayaks, paddle boats, canoes, small motor boats, run-a-bout motorboats, sailboats, and four sizes of pontoon boats.
- Davis Cabin – a fine example of pioneer construction, there is a safe built within a stonewall, an authentic wagon wheel chandelier and walls made of wormy American chestnut.
- Moraine Trails – offers hour-long trail rides on horseback.
- Native Plant and Butterfly Trail – identification guides available from Moraine Preservation Fund.
- North Country Trail – 4,600 mile trail connecting New York to North Dakota.
- Observation Deck – for viewing waterfowl; located along old Route 422.
- Snack Shop Concessions – at Lakeview Beach and Pleasant Valley Beach; offer hot and cold foods, beverages and deserts Memorial Day through Labor day.
- Washington’s Trail – auto route that retraces the approximate path of George Washington’s trip which marked the beginning of the French and Indian War.
Sailing Clubs: - Lake Arthur Sailing Club - Moraine Sailing Club