Valentine’s Day comes around every year. There are so many wonderful places and activities to do right in Butler County. Some of these things are even free! Here’s a few ideas for you to think about when coming up with valentine plans.
Take your valentine to Butler for a unique deal and start the evening out at Reclamation Brewing Company for an appetizer to share and choose from one of their beers! Then head down to Brushes and Barstools to create a couples painting using two canvases to create one masterpiece. A dozen beautiful red roses will be waiting for you along with Chocolate Covered Strawberries. While you’re painting with your valentine enjoy a glass of “Pistil Wheat” from Butler Brew Works! Tickets are $120 per couple. Visit Valentine’s Day on Main for more information.
Who doesn’t like a homemade meal on Valentine’s Day? Curds & Molds Fromagerie is making that easy for this holiday! In your box you get ingredients from all over Saxonburg to make a romantic dinner for two. Your box includes:
- Two beef filets from Thoma’s Meat Market with Penta Creme Blue Cheese for topping.
- Petite potatoes
- Asparagus ready for roasting with Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Rustic crab & lobster bisque from Batch
- One loaf of par baked ciabatta bread
- Two chocolate covered strawberries from Speckled Hen Chocolate Company
- Two pies in a jar from Mainstreet Bake Shop
- Roses from Ashley’s Country Blooms
- Candle with holder
- Cooking instructions
Curds & Molds Fromagerie are taking pre-orders only with pick ups on February 10 & 11 during regular business hours and on February 12, 13 & 14 by appointment. Limited quantities available. Call 724-602-2093 to order.
Need a little extra help finding that special something for that special someone?
- Ashley’s Country Blooms is there to help! If you pre-order and pre-pay for pickup or delivery from February 11th-14th you will receive a $5 voucher for Speckled Hen Chocolate Company redeemable at Speckled Hen or Ashley’s Country Blooms. The first 20 customers will receive a free heart shaped balloon! Or maybe you want to do something a little different and have a singing telegram delivered to your valentine.
- For $50 you will receive two songs by the Greater Harmony Chorus ensemble at the location of your choice, a long stemmed rose and a chocolate sampler. To schedule, call Leslie at 412-606-7963. Who doesn’t like chocolate covered strawberries?
- The Meridian Station has a Valentine’s Day special going on, a pound of milk or dark chocolate covered strawberries for $16.95 a pound.
- A unique and free date idea would be taking a stroll through Wagon Wheel Antique’s four buildings offering antiques from over 20 dealers.
- Another free idea is the “Home Sweet Home: Backyard Maple Sugaring” workshop From picking appropriate trees through tapping, collecting and evaporating maple sap, participants will learn, observe and practice the steps in the sugaring process, and discover how it can be done on a backyard scale. This will be a date you will never forget! Space is limited and registration is required by Feb. 4.
- For the outdoor lovers wanting to try something new, how about snowshoeing at Jennings Environmental Education Center? Or taking a nature walk through Glacier Ridge Trail which is a part of The North Country Scenic Trail. Looking for a fun Valentine’s Day activity for the whole family, take them sledding to Pleasant View Picnic Area on the South Shore.
- There are many great restaurants to choose from in Butler County, try Hotel Saxonburg Restaurant, where you can even stay if you want, as it is a bed and breakfast. The Harmony Inn is sure to please your palate with a wide range of a menu from historic German to Southwestern fiery specialties. Looking for a good pizza and some wine, try out Anna Marie's Winery & Cafe. For a list of more more restaurants please visit Butler County Tourism and Convention Bureau.
- Something for everyone whether it’s your valentine, child or friend is the “Gather & Paint Your Heart’s Desire” event Feb. 11, 2017 from 10:30a.m.-12:30p.m. For $39 you get to paint a mixed media piece with step by step guidance through Susan Walker Art. All painting materials and a non-alcoholic beverage is provided.
So before you go schedule a dinner reservation at your usual spot, think about trying something new this Valentine’s day and make it one to remember!